What is emotional intelligence and why is it important in leadership? As a leader, how might emotions need to be manged for optimum success? Discuss the values or benefits to leaders capable of managing Emotional Intelligence.
Assignment 1: The Effects of War and Peace on Foreign Aid
Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
Use the Internet to research one (1) developing nation of your choice. Your research should include an examination of the effects that war and peace have on the distribution of foreign aid, as well as the material covered by the Webtext and lectures in Weeks 1 through 3.
Write a three to four (3-4) page research paper in which you:
- Assess the positive and negative effects that peace and war, respectively, have on the distribution of foreign aid in the developing country that you have selected. Support your response with concrete examples of each of the results that you have cited.
- Analyze the specific actions that the leadership of the selected country has taken, through the use of its foreign aid from donor nations and international lending institutions, to relieve the severe problems caused by warfare.
- Discuss whether or not the extension of foreign aid has successfully reduced poverty and the incidence of warfare in the selected country. Support your response with examples.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment.Note:Wikipedia, blogs, and other nonacademic websites do not qualify as academic resources. Approval of resources is at the instructor’s discretion. Resources must also be within the last seven (7) years.
When referencing the selected resources, please use the following format:
- Webtext Format:
- Name of the author. Name of title. Retrieved from website url.
Soomo. Understanding Development [Webtext]. Retrieved from http://www.webtexts.com/courses/9218-cathey.
- Lecture Format:
- Name of the Author. Name of the lecture [lecture type]. Retrieved from lecture url.
Strayer University. (2013). Understanding Development [PowerPoint slides]. Retrieved from /bbcswebdav/institution/SOC/300/1136/Week1/lecture/story.html.
- Internet Resources:
- Author’s Name. (Date of publication).Title of the resource. Retrieved from website url.
Wuestewald, Eric. (2014). Portraits of people living on a dollar a day. Retrieved from http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2014/04/living-on-a-dollar-a-day-photos-renee-byer-thomas-nazario.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze how funding in the form of aid, investment, and loans moves from industrialized nations to the developing world to alleviate the problems caused by warfare.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in sociology of developing countries.
- Write clearly and concisely about sociology of developing countries using proper writing mechanics.
Prepare a short essay (500 to 1000 words) that critically examines the meaning of Thirteen Days. You have a lot of leeway here. One approach might be to focus on thedecisions made (implicit or explicit) by decision makers in the Soviet Union. (There’s a great book on the Cuban Missile Crisis, “Essence of Decision” by Graham Allison. Dr. Allison is a political scientist who used the events of October 1962 to develop theories of decision making.) However, you could also take a more straightforward approach anddiscuss the various forms of decision making you observed in the film.
Based on your understanding of Mezzanines as stated in the IBC find a design solution for the following problem: An owner of a retail store wants a mezzanine provided in the store. The size of the retail store is 50’x35’. The entry to the retail from the exterior is along the 35’-0” length wall on one side. The total height of the retail is 20’-0”. The owner would like to get maximum area for the mezzanine. One of the requirements is an enclosed office space for the manager in the mezzanine. Construction type: Type III A Refer to drawing file- mezzanine assignment.dwg Show the area of the mezzanine. Area provided for the enclosed office Exit requirements Draw a plan and section showing allowable areas, Heights And other important considerations. You may provide a written explanation for the same. (You are expected to use ACAD. The final will have to be made a pdf of ACAD drawings. File naming convention example: AMS305_mohhamad _Mezzanine.pdf
As part of the APUS efforts for innovation in technology, your instructor has created news feed links that are specific to the subject of business. Both of the yellow titles below are links to separate news articles about business. Each week you are required to find one news article (From either link below) that relates to your personal interests and discuss how that article relates to our weekly material. Tell your instructor what the article was about and how the article relates to our learning content this week. Be creative with your thoughts on how you link the article to our course material). You should post the evaluation of the article at the end of your response to the discussion questions each week (Include this section as part of your 250-word response). The news feeds are updated throughout the day/week to provide you with a real-time learning environment. This technology integration will provide you, as a learner, the choice to discuss news events that fit your personal background and interests. It will also help you stay educated on current events that might relate to your related profession or personal interests. Enjoy. BUSINESS NEWS FEED #1 https://www.bloomberg.com/live BUSINESS NEWS FEED #2 http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/businessNews Additional required questions this week: Discuss the two most interesting aspects of ethics training that you have learned about from the required learning content this week. Why did you find these most interesting? Which one legal regulation that might relate to hiring, promotion, and firing would you include in a general corporate training plan? Why? Using what you have learned from our ethical decision-making material this week, how would you approach making these decisions above? Instructions: Your initial post should be at least 250 words.