Prepare a short essay (500 to 1000 words) that critically examines the meaning of Thirteen Days. You have a lot of leeway here. One approach might be to focus on thedecisions made (implicit or explicit) by decision makers in the Soviet Union. (There’s a great book on the Cuban Missile Crisis, “Essence of Decision” by Graham Allison. Dr. Allison is a political scientist who used the events of October 1962 to develop theories of decision making.) However, you could also take a more straightforward approach anddiscuss the various forms of decision making you observed in the film.
Based on your understanding of Mezzanines as stated in the IBC find a design solution for the following problem: An owner of a retail store wants a mezzanine provided in the store. The size of the retail store is 50’x35’. The entry to the retail from the exterior is along the 35’-0” length wall on one side. The total height of the retail is 20’-0”. The owner would like to get maximum area for the mezzanine. One of the requirements is an enclosed office space for the manager in the mezzanine. Construction type: Type III A Refer to drawing file- mezzanine assignment.dwg Show the area of the mezzanine. Area provided for the enclosed office Exit requirements Draw a plan and section showing allowable areas, Heights And other important considerations. You may provide a written explanation for the same. (You are expected to use ACAD. The final will have to be made a pdf of ACAD drawings. File naming convention example: AMS305_mohhamad _Mezzanine.pdf
As part of the APUS efforts for innovation in technology, your instructor has created news feed links that are specific to the subject of business. Both of the yellow titles below are links to separate news articles about business. Each week you are required to find one news article (From either link below) that relates to your personal interests and discuss how that article relates to our weekly material. Tell your instructor what the article was about and how the article relates to our learning content this week. Be creative with your thoughts on how you link the article to our course material). You should post the evaluation of the article at the end of your response to the discussion questions each week (Include this section as part of your 250-word response). The news feeds are updated throughout the day/week to provide you with a real-time learning environment. This technology integration will provide you, as a learner, the choice to discuss news events that fit your personal background and interests. It will also help you stay educated on current events that might relate to your related profession or personal interests. Enjoy. BUSINESS NEWS FEED #1 https://www.bloomberg.com/live BUSINESS NEWS FEED #2 http://feeds.reuters.com/reuters/businessNews Additional required questions this week: Discuss the two most interesting aspects of ethics training that you have learned about from the required learning content this week. Why did you find these most interesting? Which one legal regulation that might relate to hiring, promotion, and firing would you include in a general corporate training plan? Why? Using what you have learned from our ethical decision-making material this week, how would you approach making these decisions above? Instructions: Your initial post should be at least 250 words.
You are asked to read a number of journal articles and write a paper to describe your ideas about one specific aspect of security (or privacy). You are asked to describe
• the history of the topic and evolvement in healthcare,
• the current situation according to the literature,
• the existing security and privacy challenges, • current solutions to these challenges, including specific examples or case
• current solutions to these challenges, including specific examples or case studies
• the trend of future development and your vision on this specific issue,
• your recommendations and conclusions. Each of these should be presented in one section with proper section title. Here are more specific requirements of the paper.
• Font size: 11 or 12 for all contents (including the title), Times New Roman only, single space, 8-12 pages (not including the pages of the references).
• Top-bottom and side margins: 1 inch.
• Do not include a cover page. Starting your paper with a title from the top of the first page and your name right below the title.
• Do not create extra space among lines, paragraphs, or sections.
• Do not use a lot of diagrams downloaded from the Internet, 3-diagram is the maximum. Do not let one diagram to occupy one full page. The maximum size of a diagram is half a page.
• It is strongly recommended to use EndNote to manage your references. Extra points (5) will be provided if you use EndNote to insert your references into your article. Use your own words to write the paper, never copy sentences from anywhere else. If you do want to quote some sentences, such as definitions, limit the quotation to 200 words for the entire article and also indicate the quotation with quotation marks. Otherwise, you will receive 0 directly
For this assignment please write a 5 page paper (not including title/reference pages), identifying four major sociological theories of Sociology – Functionalism, Conflict Theory and Interactionism and another sociological theory of your choice either discussed in the text and/or in lecture. For complete assignment directions please refer to the course packet.
In 1994, Jeff Bezos launched Amazon.com, initially as an online book retailer. In 2011, the company reported $48 billion in revenues. Answer the question that follows in detail: 1. What key strategies did Bezos use to grow the company in just 17 years? Use credible sources and research to support and explain. Make sure you format your papers in proper APA 6th. Be sure to properly cite your sources inside your text using APA 6th citations rules as well as proper APA referencing guidelines in your “References” (bibliography) section at the end of your papers. Your written weekly assignment paper should be at least 1,000 words in length.